VNC works in conjunction with the New Creation Men's Center to provide a place for the homeless men in our community to stay on Friday nights during the fall and winter. We have opportunities available for men who would like to spend time with the shelter guys as they stay overnight in our gym. Come and serve during one of our three shifts:
- 6 - 11 p.m.
- 11 p.m. - 3 a.m.
- 3 - 7 a.m.
We also provide food for the men on Friday nights. Consider working with your family, your LifeGroup, or another group to provide a meal. You can bring your meal to the VNC Gym, or you can use the VNC Kitchen to cook your meal.
Dinner & Breakfast Guidelines
- Please provide enough food for 25 men.
- The guys love home-cooked meals and desserts. There is always tea & coffee at the church.
- Breakfast can be simple: cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, milk, and juice OR you can go to the kitchen and prepare a hot fresh breakfast (they really appreciate the love shown in preparing a hot meal).
- We strongly encourage you to eat with the men.
- Dinner needs to be ready to serve by 7 p.m. and breakfast must be ready by 6 a.m. You are also responsible to clean up the kitchen when you are finished.